portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index portrait-sculpture.com
A site provided for professional portrait and figurative sculptors, as well as serious students

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register(DISABLED)Register(DISABLED) 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sculpture History Online - Britain & Ireland 1851 - 195

Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Minchinton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Sculpture History Online - Britain & Ireland 1851 - 195 Reply with quote

I just found this site which may be of interest to some here.

http://sculpture.gla.ac.uk/

Phil
Stuart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Phil, but would have been a little less dry with a few illustrations.....What do you think Phil?
Phil Minchinton

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Stuart, it seems such a waste to have gone to the trouble of listing all the information about what is primarily a visual art without any pictures.

Maybe it arises out of the difference between academics and practitioners? I'd be more enlightened if they'd have given examples of each person's work.

I did think years ago after reading Lanteri's volumes that sculpture would make an ideal family tree showing various influences, relationships ( tutor/pupil) and collaborations over the years with the resulting works. Alas, I don't have the requisite knowledge or patience!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: