portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index portrait-sculpture.com
A site provided for professional portrait and figurative sculptors, as well as serious students

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register(DISABLED)Register(DISABLED) 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Society of Portrait Sculptors Exibition, UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heidi Maiers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Society of Portrait Sculptors Exibition, UK Reply with quote

This week (May 14-18, 2012) at 'The" Gallery, Cork Street (behind the Royal Academy), Central London, which includes the 'Tribute to Pina Bausch' by Stuart Williamson.
Enjoy!

David Klein and Stuart Williamson

Camillia de Matino

Craig Harding

Eran Webber

Eteinne Milner, Shangxi Zhu, Mark Thompson

Eve Shepherd

Irena Sedlecka

Jeni Fairey, Edward Maurry, Ellen Christiansen

Leslie Punter

Marcus Cornish

Paul Fletcher

Willow Legg
http://portrait-sculpture.com/CoffeeFund.htm
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Portrait show UK Reply with quote

The standard was as usual very high, with a variation of style, expression and chosen material. The show is stronger for this in my opinion.
Portrait Sculpture is alive and well in the UK, and not least for the efforts of this most excellent Society.
It is naturally tempting to look for one's favourites, but more interesting and beneficial to spend some time considering these very different approaches.
I was very pleased to see that my own work had been placed next to a head by David Klein, see image. For me this created a very pleasing contrast.
This is an annual exhibition of both members and non-members work curated each Spring and worth looking out for.
Stuart
Alison Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this when it was first posted. The work is all lovely and inspiring. I have a third-scale portrait bust that I am so close to finishing. Perhaps I will manage to make some time this week now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: